Re: SMP real config option in 2.2?

Peter Enderborg (pme@abnamro-software.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 11:47:17 +0200

--------------859A7D098CA55693302EED49

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Any chance that SMP as a real config option will make it into 2.2?
>
> I know it touches quite a few Makefiles and headers, but I have only
> heard (and seen) good things about it. Last I heard the only thing
> holding it back was some testing on s/linux.
>
> It would be nice not to have all the 'how do I enable SMP' questions,
> and would also indicate that the SMP support is 2.2 is 'real' and
> 'supported' instead of an add on. ;)
>
> What do you think linus?
>
> kevin
>
> -
> Please read the FAQ at http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html

That would be nice. And if you configure SMP, it should do a parallell make.
$MAKE=make -j2
Or maybe we could have a variable SMP that is the numbers of CPUs it should
optimize for ?!

--------------859A7D098CA55693302EED49

begin:vcard
n:Enderborg;Peter
tel;work:+46 8 5883 6226
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:ABNAMRO Software AB;Stockholm
adr:;;Norrmalmstorg 14;Stockholm;;10726;Sweden
version:2.1
email;internet:pme@abnamro-software.com
title:Programmer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0