Re: Is the boot logo politically correct?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:55:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> > I'm not going to choose an OS by the boot logo, but that doesn't mean
> > I actually _like_ a beer-drinking logo! (non-relegious reasons)
> >

> > Question to girlfriend:
> > "Do you think the Linux boot should show a penguin with a beer mug?"
> > Answer from girlfriend:
> > "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>
> Same here. Here's the solution I propose (would have tried it here first,
> but don't have VESA 2.0 card to test out vesafb - argh): have the logo be
> the standard Larry Ewing penguin, except when you hold down ALT (think
> mind-ALTering) at boot.

Com'on. How many times a year do you actually boot Linux? Unless you're in the
kernel hacking business, your machine should stay or fall with the reliability
of your power supplier (quite high in Belgium).

If you reboot once a month, you'll see the logo about 0.0023% of your time.

Greetings,

Geert

P.S. Maybe I should get a girlfriend to prevent me from talking nonsense...

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be