Re: FS Corruption in 2.1.109

Robert Boermans (boermans@freenet.tlh.fl.us)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 06:50:55 -0400 (EDT)

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> Note that it could easily be some other timing thing that triggers it.
> Which is definitely supported by the thing that it seems to have
appeared
> at least for one person between 2.1.101 and 2.1.103 even though there
are
> no real changes wrt either disk driver or filesystem in those patches as
> far as I can see.
>
> Linus

I think it started in 2.1.103, within 2 days of running that it managed
to corrupt my / partition, after reinstalling it happened within 2 days
again, both times the ext2 super block and it's backups were all
corrupted (according to fsck anyway). I'm running 2.0 for now.

Intel TX chipset
Quantum bigfoot 2.5G HD udma
bus running at 75 MHz so maybe pci isn't doing 33 i don't know how to
check that.
no problems in 2.0.x and 2.1.81-2.1.101 (i didn't run 102 very long)
K6 233MHz underclocked at 225MHz

Robert