Re: 2.1.112 halts during boot

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 10:51:31 -0500

Mike Black wrote:

> Have been happily upgrading each release and finally 2.1.112 locks up during
> boot right after "registering raid0 personality". I haven't changed
> anything in my config in quite a while so this is the first boot problems
> I've had since the 90 series...Once the "raid 0" message appears I can do a
> ctrl-alt-del to reboot. This happend on two different machines (identical
> hardware except for SCSI devices).

<major snip>

I was having the same problem last night and found that by turning SMP
off
and rebuilding the kernel I was able to boot.

Edited your Makefile and comment out SMP = 1.
make dep; make clean
make bzlilo

This worked for me, of course your mileage may vary. ;-)

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys