Re: Corruption Stats: Suggested Blacklist from the data

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:50:03 -0400

Rik van Riel wrote:

Multiple mode has no effect when DMA is being used.

> Ingo, Mark, Linus: would this indicate a 'marginal/irrelevant'
> kernel bug too? (ie. are we looking in the wrong place with
> DMA or SMP and is timing or bookkeeping the problem; it would
> be very frustrating to completely rewrite the DMA code when some
> IDE timings table contains a typo)

The IDE timings table in the kernel is used only by the weird chipsets.

There are NO timing tables in the kernel for modern PCI chipsets
(cmd640 and rz1000 are NOT modern).

--
mlord@pobox.com