Re: Sound error, no results

Terry L Ridder (terrylr@tbcnet.com)
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 09:27:12 -0500

Harry Brueckner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I tried all the advices I got so far but I still get the same error with my
> AWE64 sound card:

> Aug 1 15:38:58 hostname kernel: Sound error: Couldn't allocate DMA buffer

<snip>

I am not familiar with the AWE64 is it an ISA or PCI card?

> There's no other special hardware in the computer, only a scsi controller and a
> graphics card. :-\

What SCSI controller do you have?
Also what motherboard do you have?
Also is this a SCSI only machine or do you still have IDE drives?

The reason I ask is that several problems I was having went away when
I retired a FICA PT-2003 and replaced it with a FICA PT-2006
motherboard.

--
Terry L. Ridder
Blue Danube Software (Blaue Donau Software)

When the toast is burnt and all the milk has turned and Captain Crunch is waving farewell when the Big One finds you may this song remind you that they don't serve breakfast in hell ==Breakfast==Newsboys