Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Richard Guenther (zxmpm11@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 11:43:52 +0200 (METDST)

On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> The only useful thing of devfs is the workaround of the device drivers
> kdev_t numer without have to play with userlevel code. The only people
> that you replyed "use devfs to do that" was asking about how to handle >
> 16SCSI disk.

It's very useful here, as I tend to remount / ro sometimes. How
do you handle this without devfs? Sure, you create a ramdisk,
copy over /dev (of course not the full /dev, as it wouldnt fit...)
and mount it over /dev. OOPS - does not work, as still some
prgs has open inodes on the old /dev....

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
PGP: 2E829319 - 2F 83 FC 93 E9 E4 19 E2 93 7A 32 42 45 37 23 57