Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Slyglif Cain (slyglif@magerealm.com)
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:41:44 -0700

> From: "Anthony Barbachan" <barbacha@mail.cis.fordham.edu>
> Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 05:41:19 -0400
> Subject: Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)
>
> BTW, devfs is not consistant, at least not to Solaris and perhaps
> (I do not remember) not to Unixware either.

devfs isn't directly consistant, but it's naming scheme is very
similar.

Solaris 2.x:
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 (my root partition at work)

devfs does support more drives, etc. (multiple channels/controller,
multiple luns/device). Also, devfs would simplify my life at work, as
I routinely move around an 2 Apex drives, a CD-R, and 2 external disks
(ID are always changing).