Re: [2.1.113] What is CHECK_TTY_COUNT warning me about?

Geert Uytterhoeven (Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:25:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 20:17:45 +0200 (METDST)
> From: Gabriel Paubert <paubert@iram.es>
>
> I did try to track it and I may still have logfiles with a lot of
> debugging messages. Should I try to find them ?
>
> IIRC it happens more or less just before I get the first prompt on the
> serial console. But later the counts match again, so it's a very temporary
> condition. What I don't understand yet is how something looking like a
> race condition can be so reproducible.
>
> If you can reproduce it easily, I definitely want to hear about it. Can
> you send me lots of details about how your machine is configured (what
> kernel version, what distribution), and what might be touching the
> serial console? (i.e., what getty are you using, is there anything else
> on the serial port like uucico, etc.)

It also happens on my desktop machine at work, but with the normal tty devices,
not the serial. Kernel is 2.0.x, no serial devices connected. AccelX V1.3.

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be