Matrox BIOS upgrades (Was Re: [patch] vesafb panning: scrollback

Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:16:59 -0400 (EWT)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Michael L. Galbraith wrote:

> > What version is the Matrox's BIOS? If it's older than v1.8, try upgrading.
>
> Have a hot tip handy on how to do that? :) I didn't see <tap tap tap>
> anything at the Matrox site.

Since this is of interest to other Matrox users, I've posted to the linux
mailing list to get the BIOS upgrades for Matrox cards, go to this URL and
download the setup342.zip (542k file). You'll need to run it from DOS. :o(

http://www.matrox.com/mgaweb/drivers/ftp_bios.htm

This contains versions of BIOSes for most of the Matroxes.

Also, http://www.matrox.com/mgaweb/drivers/drivers.htm contains links to
each Matrox graphic adapter sold by Matrox.

ObDisclaimer: Don't shoot me if it goes wrong.

Cheers,
Alex

--
 /\_/\  Legalise cannabis now!