RE: Kernels 2.1.11[0-5] not booting...

jmerliot@easynet.fr
Sat, 08 Aug 1998 02:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

On 07-Aug-98 tmuller@agora.rdrop.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Once again I am stating that my SMP system will not boot on any kernel after
> 2.1.109. I am using the exact same configuration as the 2.1.109 kernel for
> all kernels afterward, and none will boot.
>
> This will make attempt number 4 at finding someone who can help get my
> previously 'whiteboard' system to boot on a more recent kernel.
>
> If someone is looking into this, I would appreciate an email regarding what
> the current status of this problem is.
>
> System:
>
> Intel DK440LX MB
> 128M Ram
> 2-UltraWide SCSI channels
> 2-233Mhz Pentium II cpu's
>

> PS. There is one person who also has a DK440LX that I know is looking into
> this, but I want to know who of the MAIN developers of SMP are looking into
> it.
>
> As always, I am available to help in solving this problem in any way that you
> need me to.
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
> Troy

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. Same motherboard, No kernel after 2.1.109 boots
in SMP mode.

I'm rather sure the configuration is OK, kernels 2.1.109 and 2.0.35 works well.

I'd just like to know why...

---
E-Mail: jmerliot@easynet.fr

Linux and Blue Oyster Cult Fan

Deadly Opponent To microsoft Misconception Of Computing Art...