Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Mark Lord (linker@z.ml.org)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 12:46:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hmm.. Okay.. You just setup a few.
Now you put in three ctrlers.
You put a hdd on id 15 on the third controler.
you make the 6th partiton your root partition. (you've got /boot on a
little ide)..

Problem, you didn't make enough devices.

Now you say, well I'll use use /dev/sda to point to it.
Now I hand you another hdd.. So you put in on ctrler 2.. Ohohhh.. No more
boot..

Okay, so you now point to /dev/sdb.. That drive I just gave you was crap
and died.. You remove it and reboot.. Oh ohh... Doesn't boot again..

Damn, Linux sure is fragile!