Re: [patch #2] vesafb: panning and palette changes using bios

Geert Uytterhoeven (geert@geert.cs.kuleuven.ac.be)
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 23:17:41 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Gerd Knorr wrote:
> BTW: Is there any way to disable virtual display in XF68_FBDev? With ypan
> enabled I get a 1024x4096 sized virtual screen. This is annonying,
> becauce some x11 apps center dialog-boxes on the (virtual) screen,
> and now you have to scroll down alot to find it...
> I've tried to add "virtual 1024 768" to XF86Config, but it did'nt
> work :-(

XF68_FBDev doesn't care about the `virtual' option if the video mode is
`default'.

Brew an X modeline (using fbset -x) for your video mode, put it in XF86Config,
and tell X to use that instead of mode `default'. Should work.

Greetings,

Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven                     Geert.Uytterhoeven@cs.kuleuven.ac.be