Re: DEVFSv50 and /dev/fb? (or /dev/fb/? ???)

Shawn Leas (sleas@ixion.honeywell.com)
Sun, 9 Aug 1998 17:40:58 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Richard Gooch wrote:

> H. Peter Anvin writes:

> BTW: one way I can see devfsd being used is that devfs is mounted onto
> /devfs or some such, and devfsd fills a disc-based /dev with symlinks
> to /devfs, or creates real device nodes. This would satisfy people who
> don't like the default policy of devfs (permissions and naming
> scheme). In this way devfs becomes an information provider, one that
> is unified for all devices.
> Not that I expect to use it this way myself, but the possibility is
> open.

Maybe a /proc/devfs??? And a devfs mount option to make devfs and devfsd
work together to do something like this?

-Shawn
<=========== America Held Hostage ===========>
Day 2027 for the poor and the middle class.
Day 2046 for the rich and the dead.
895 days remaining in the Raw Deal.