Re: IDE-Driver Disk Accounting Missing, Maybe SCSI too......

Mark Lord (mlord@pobox.com)
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:52:48 -0400

Andre M. Hedrick wrote:

> I am willing to make the assumption and statement that the lack of
> disk_accounting based on HWGROUP add-request to disable interrupts,
> could be the primary cause of fs-corruption on IDE drives.

Exactly *what* "corruption" are you referring to?
I have not seen any recent non-DMA-related reports of such,
but then, it seems I'm usually the last person to be told of such.

--
mlord@pobox.com