Re: PPP --- TCP bad checksums

Mike Jagdis (mike@roan.co.uk)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 17:18:24 +0100 (GMT/BST)

On 11 Aug 1998, Kevin Buhr wrote:

> TCP checksum errors occur naturally under VJ compression when an
> earlier frame is dropped because it fails the PPP CRC check. The most
> likely cause is dropping of received characters because of missed
> interrupts.

I don't want to blow the theory but I haven't really had a problem
with checksum errors _except_ when talking to ftp.redhat.com. It
might have been coincidence, it might not. I've seen it a couple
of times though and it only seemed to be the redhat connection.
I don't know what is between here (where here is my home system,
not here here) and there.

Mike

|  Mike Jagdis                  |  Internet:  mailto:mike@roan.co.uk   |
|  Roan Technology Ltd.         |                                      |
|  54A Peach Street, Wokingham  |  Telephone:  +44 118 989 0403        |
|  RG40 1XG, ENGLAND            |  Fax:        +44 118 989 1195        |