Re: BUILD_SMP_TIMER_INTERRUPT not needed movl

Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:33:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>

> >Is the stack-pointer value pushed, the value before the push or
> >the value after? The '386 pushes the value of SP after it is
> >decremented by the PUSH operation, the '486 and higher pushes the
> >value that existed before. If you want to maintain '386 operation,
> >you need to capture the SP as the code does.
>
> Ooops, thanks.
>
> Andrea[s] Arcangeli

Looks as though I am wrong. You might verify. Seems the "push esp"
will work for the '386 also.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
***** FILE SYSTEM WAS MODIFIED *****
Penguin : Linux version 2.1.115 on an i586 machine (66.15 BogoMips).