Re: Bridging-bug with hacker-kernels on Alpha

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 18:15:10 +0200

On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 07:08:59PM +0200, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > Thats broken, but for completely different reasons. Its disabling interrupts
> > > when the skb_* stuff is now spinlocked.
> >
> > Alan, look again. Only the non __ versions of skb_* call the spinlocks.
>
> Yes yes I know that - what I mean is the
>
> cli()
> __skb_blah
> sti()
>
> stuff is _extremely_ slow in 2.1 in comparison to the non __ version

This is already fixed in ANK's legendary patch that is not commited yet.
He uses an own spinlock.

For the original posters bug: I think it can only happen when backlog
is damaged somehow. He said something about briding, so maybe the
bridging code is the culprit, and when it doesn't work anyways it should
be probably commented out.

-Andi