Re: kill -9 <pid of X>

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:09:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> Sorry. It cannot "do it" correctly in userspace. I'll buy
> trusting the X server, you convinced me of that. I will NOT buy the X
> server being unable to handle signal 9 correctly.

You're on some strange drugs, and I don't know what to say.

I tell you that X can block SIGKILL, but you don't seem to be happy with
that either. What's your beef?

Never mind, I consider this discussion to be completely uninteresting
until somebody actually has a productive idea rather than just general "we
need to redesign this just because I say so" type blathering.

Linus