Re: kill -9 <pid of X>

Jon M. Taylor (taylorj@ecs.csus.edu)
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Kragen wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, Jon Hamilton wrote:
> > > Why on earth not? The X server can catch any signal other than 9.
> >
> > Certainly it can catch signal 9. It just cannot properly clean
> > up the hardware state in the signal handler.
>
> Jon Taylor, you should go and read the signal code (or at least Unix
> for Dummies) before you post to linux-kernel again. You owe the
> linux-kernel list a partridge in a pear tree.

If you would like to make a claim about the accuracy of something
I have said, feel free. I have no time for vague, formless criticism of
this type. And I do not owe you or anyone else on this list an apology, a
partrige in a pear tree, or anything else, no matter how wrong I am. A
retraction, maybe.

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'