Re: Patches vs complete tarballs....

ketil@ii.uib.no
13 Aug 1998 09:21:14 +0200

Alan Modra <alan@spri.levels.unisa.edu.au> writes:

> Yes they are (mostly). I've successfully patched from version 1.1.0 up to
> version 2.1.115, with only the occasional tarball to check. I've just
> verified my source with 2.1.115.tar.gz (previous downloaded tarball was
> 2.0.0, I think)

I haven't heard anybody else complain about this, but I managed to mess
up patching, and downloaded 2.1.115.tar.gz from ftp.funet.fi. I had to
manually make the two "modules" directories, as well as copy in
"autoconf.h" from a previous build (kernel patched up to 2.1.107, I
think) After that, building worked perfectly, and I'm using the kernel
as we type.

Of course, could be that I did something wrong during unpacking, but I
can't for the life of me imagine what that might be? Anyway, not a
problem for me, but I thought you'd might like to know.

~kzm