Re: CHALLENGE!!! =)

Mike A. Harris (mharris@ican.net)
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:33:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> > > Hi everybody!!!
> > >
> > > This is a challenge for me ... and those who don't know how to
> > > do it. =) How can I plug in a second SCREEN on a second VIDEO CARD in linux?
> > >
> > > I mean : I have a 15" SVGA Screen which I use in X-windows, and I would like
> > > to plugin a 14" VGA Screen on a second video card....
> > >
> > > Do you know that?
> > >
> > > if yes, reply here and at KURDT@VIDEOTRON.CA
> >
> > Sure! It's easy!
> >
> > 1) Turn off computer
> > 2) Open up your computer
> > 3) Find a free bus slot for your second video card.
> > 4) Plug the card into that slot.
> > 5) Put the case back on the computer.
> > 6) Plug the second monitor into the second video card on the back
> > of the computer.
> > 7) Plug the power cord for the monitor into the wall outlet.
> >
> > Piece of cake.
>
> You could even omit everything except step 6. After all, he
> didn't say he wanted to use the second video card in the computer, or use
> the second monitor, just that he wanted to plug the monitor into the
> video card.

I assumed that the "in Linux" meant that the card was plugged
into the computer... If I was wrong, then just do step 6. I
doubt it will be very useful though. Then again, steps 1 through
7 aren't entirely useful without some purpose and software...

;o)

--
Mike A. Harris  -  Computer Consultant  -  Linux advocate

Escape from the confines of Microsoft's operating systems and push your PC to it's limits with LINUX - a real OS. http://www.redhat.com