Re: kill -9 <pid of X>

Rob Hagopian (hagopiar@vuser.vu.union.edu)
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 00:31:27 -0400 (EDT)

I can think of many more ways than that to make the system FUBAR...
It seems to me that the death of init should be dealt with by the kernel
in a sane way for very good reasons other than someone accidentally typing
'kill -9 1' (ie. when it gets that very rare oops). But I'm not going to
code it anytime soon so any more disussion on that front isn't going to
come from me. :-)
-Rob