Re: Networking problem under v2.1.1xx kernels.

Andi Kleen (ak@muc.de)
17 Aug 1998 21:27:20 +0200

In article <13784.31481.4447.283205@charged.uio.no>,
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no> writes:
>>> Network card is a DEC 21041 using the tulip driver from the kernel
>>> tarball. Using the latest tulip driver from Donald Becker, or the
>>> de4x5 driver does not seem to help. Current kernel is 2.1.115ac2 UP
>>> compiled with egcs-1.0.3a (config file included below).
Andi> Could you try if this error is reproducible with gcc 2.7.2.3 ?

> Yes (tested that just now).

Andi> Also, do the interface counters (netstat -i) still increase?

> For 'lo' the counters increase normally.
> For 'eth0' the TX-OK counter increases as normal, but I see no change
> on any of the RX figures.

This points to a driver bug, not a networking bug.

-Andi