Re: 128MB RAM on Linux

Patpong Wetyanon (pat@ksc.net.th)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 11:05:50 +0700 (ICT)

It is sometimes harmfull to add option 'mem=xxx' in lilo without
any knownledge about using it .. Coz when you have less memory that you
specific in lilo option , your system will refuse to boot up . You need
to add option mem=xxx again at LILO prompt to overwrite the old option.
I faced some problem with the old memory dection patch (long time
ago) when use it with some system that has memory hole at 16MB , then I
need to add option mem=xxx to make kernel see more than 16 MB ,but the
new kernel 2.0.36pre seem to be cleaned from this problem. Thanks alan.