RE: more problems under 2.1.117

Shaw, Mark (Mark.Shaw@cadus.com)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:45:18 -0400

On my system, I will no longer be able to see the files in the NFS
mounted directory. Remounting the file system temporarily fixes the
problem. In this scenario, my Linux 2.1.117 machine is acting as a NFS
client to a HP-9000.

-Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: Trond Myklebust
[mailto:trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no]
Sent: Friday, August 21, 1998 1:54 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: NFS: more problems under 2.1.117

Hi,

I've been seeing more strange NFS behaviour under
2.1.117 even with
Jes and Alan's patch. From time to time, xemacs stops in
the middle of
writing a backup file, announces it cannot write the
file, the
promptly rewrites it as the ubiquitous %backup%~. Could
this be some
race involving file locking over NFS?

Cheers,
Trond

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line
"unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
Please read the FAQ at
http://www.altern.org/andrebalsa/doc/lkml-faq.html