Re: NFS: more problems under 2.1.117

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:16:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> The code I turned on is (a) valid (b) required for things like mount to work
> properly. Read it before mouthing off.

Part of it may have been. Most of it was certainly not.

> Until those changes are put back Linux NFS 2.2 has no maintainer. You can
> keep your crashes on lock daemons, your random corruptions when you truncate
> and append to NFS files and the completely broken write behind scheme which
> ensures that if your disk fills applications will fail to report the errors
> and you'll lose data. The UDMA stuff you worried about is NOTHING on the
> current nfs bugs.

Puh-leeze. Get off the high horse, Alan. You haven't maintained NFS so
far, and while you've fixed some NFS over TCP bugs it appears that you
have some problems with other parts of it.

Go away, come back when you have something sane to say.

Linus