Re: pre egcs-1.1 testing and Linux 2.1.x

Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 10:33:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 22 Aug 1998, David S. Miller wrote:

> So don't blame the egcs people for trying to deal with the mess Kenner
> created. Give them time, they will fix it eventually, believe me I am
> working a lot on the egcs project so I know what kind of time frames
> we are talking about here.

I _am_ giving them time.

I'm not standing up on my soap-box and demanding that this be fixed. As I
mentioned, I've been rather careful about how I use regparm exactly
because I know gcc has some problems.

However, I will continue to ignore developers who don't say "we will fix
it eventually", but instead say "let's remove the feature, we'll never be
able to fix it". If I respected that kind of mentality I would be using
WNT. I don't.

Linus