Re: copy_from_user() fixu

H. Peter Anvin (hpa@transmeta.com)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 00:46:35 -0700 (PDT)

> On Tue, Aug 25, 1998 at 12:30:40AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
> > POSIX says that if you pass it a bad pointer, it's permitted to spin
> > your tape drives to the tune of "yankee doodle dandy"...
>
> On which page do the words "yankee doodle dandy" appear?

It's a figure of speech, but I just sent the appropriate chapter and
verse from the Unix98 spec to linux-kernel:

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/7908799/xsh/interfaces.html

Use and Implementation of Interfaces

Each of the following statements applies unless explicitly
stated otherwise in the detailed descriptions that follow. If
an argument to a function has an invalid value (such as a
value outside the domain of the function, or a pointer outside
the address space of the program, or a null pointer), the
behaviour is undefined.

-hpa