Re: AHA1542 and dev kernel 115

Lauri Tischler (lauri.tischler@efore.fi)
Tue, 25 Aug 1998 14:58:26 +0300

tl wrote:

> Admittedly not all things can be controlled from the BIOS, there's still a
> DIP block (not jumpers) for I/O-port, BIOS address, BIOS disable and PnP
> disable for the CP cards, but the rest is under software control.
>
> Anyway, are you sure they really had two IRQ switches, my recollection
> was that it had multiple DMA jumpers that you'd better get
> self-consistent, but only a single IRQ jumper to set. Admittedly it's
> probably at least 6 years since I last saw even a B card (and at least
> a year even for CF/CP cards).
>
> (Presumably all C type cards have this, but I've never seen a plain
> 154xC, but I think there were ones for a while).

Dug out an old dusty 1542B + docs.
There really are 2 sets of jumperblocks for irq selection and they must
match, otherwise y're screwed :)

1542CF has dips and is configured via BIOS

--
Lauri Tischler, Network Admin             Tel: +358-9-47846331
EFORE Oyj                                 Fax: +358-9-47846500