Re: knfs mounts

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 06:17:30 +0200 (CEST)

On 25 Aug 1998, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> Followup to: <199808251641.JAA27763@floyd.santarosa.edu>
> By author: "G. Allen Morris III" <gam3@floyd.santarosa.edu>
> In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel
> >
> > Should knfs let me mount /usr/src if I have exported /usr?
> >

> It better.
>
> -hpa

Hi,

It doesn't though. It also won't allow you to export a directory
farther down the tree unless that directory is a mount point. Some
or all of this may have been cured recently.. this is 117 stock.

-Mike

[root]:# exportfs bucket:/usr
[root]:# mount bucket:/usr/src /mnt
mount: bucket:/usr/src failed, reason given by server: Permission denied
[root]:# exportfs
/usr bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
[root]:# exportfs bucket:/usr/local
[root]:# exportfs
/usr/local bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
/usr bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
[root]:# exportfs bucket:/usr/local/src
bucket.mikeg.weiden.de:/usr/local/src: Operation not permitted
[root]:# exportfs
/usr/local/src bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
/usr/local bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
/usr bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
[root]:# mount bucket:/usr /mnt
[root]:# cd /mnt/local
bash: cd: /mnt/local: Permission denied
[root]:# ls /mnt/local/src
ls: /mnt/local/src: Permission denied
[root]:# cd
[root]:# umount /mnt
[root]:# exportfs -u -a
bucket.mikeg.weiden.de:/usr/local/src: Invalid argument

And these from syslog..

nfs_lookup: //local failed, error=-13
nfs_lookup: //local failed, error=-13
nfs_lookup: //local failed, error=-13
exp_unexport: found client bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
exp_unexport: ino mismatch, 2 not 454164
exp_unexport: found client bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
exp_do_unexport: 09:00 last use, flushing cache
exp_unexport: found client bucket.mikeg.weiden.de
exp_do_unexport: 08:32 last use, flushing cache