Re: de4x5.c patch against 2.1.117

Thomas Sailer (sailer@ife.ee.ethz.ch)
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 12:34:38 +0200

Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> Fortunately there's an experimental em86 for PPC. At least it can initialize my
> S3 video board to VGA text mode.

Interesting. I just ported the Alpha MILO x86 emulator to run
on x86 to run a S3 864 video BIOS in a sandbox, i.e. to prevent
it from touching the whole IO space 8-)

I think it would be cool to have a single portable x86 emulator
for the purpose of running board BIOS'es. David Mosberger-Tang's
emulator found in MILO is nicely portable, I just had to reimplement
a file containing all the memory/io/pci access primitives.

Tom