[Fwd: Uniform Driver Interface (UDI)]

David Hollister (dhollist@Iphase.COM)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:33:47 +0000

--------------B43822511C9C3EF1E04384D8

Yep, it's getting closer to reality.

I've heard word that Intel may be doing a UDI environment for Linux.

Juergen Hennerich wrote:

> Has anybody heared something about the UDI project:
> http://www.sco.com/UDI/
>
> It ist a project aimed to provide an environment for portable driver code.
> It is partially implemented in SCO Unixware, Openserver, IBM AIX, HP-UX,
> Digital UNIX and Solaris. That means that an UDI driver works on every UDI
> capable OS with a recompile.
> (http://www.sco.com/press/releases/1998/6816.html)
[snip]

--
David Hollister       Interphase Corporation     dhollist@iphase.com
Software Engineer     Dallas, TX

begin:vcard n:Hollister;David tel;work:602-705-7798 x-mozilla-html:FALSE org:Interphase Corporation adr: version:2.1 email;internet:dhollist@iphase.com title:Software Engineer x-mozilla-cpt:;0 fn:David Hollister end:vcard

--------------B43822511C9C3EF1E04384D8--