Re: linux/Makefile: CONFIG_SHELL and SHELL

pacman (pacman-kernel@cqc.com)
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 13:14:57 -0500 (EST)

Jim Freeman writes the following:

>... but for this discussion (re: systems doing linux kernel makes),
>kernel Makefiles assuming a full-featured bash is very reasonable.

There's a difference between assuming a full-featured bash is _available_ and
assuming a full-featured bash is _installed_as_/bin/sh_. I don't like either
assumption (I'd like to rm bash completely), but if we could move from the
latter to the former, it would be a step in the right direction.

--
Alan Curry