Re: Odd error.

Adrian Bridgett (adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk)
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 23:19:00 +0100

On Tue, Sep 01, 1998 at 12:27:37PM -0400, Steve McKnelly wrote:
> Ok. I will grant that just for the simple fact that A) Its happening;
> and; B) You have quite a bit more experience in this then I do. However,
> this problem only began when I upgraded the server to 2.1.118 from 2.0.35.
> Considering that I know the source, and their reluctance to change their
> side, what recourse do I have, other then dropping back to 2.0.35? (I
> know that dropping back to 2.0.35 is a minimalistic approach, as is trying
> to make my side deaf, dumb and blind... So please, no flames from the
> peanut gallery *grin*) Never-the-less, thanks. :)

comment out the lines in net/ipv4/icmp.c :-) I do this to prevent syslog
taking up 15% CPU at work :-( The helpdesk havn't exactly been helpful in
the past when mentioning Linux either.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing. PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux http://www.debian.org The superior Linux distribution