Re: Why linux sometimes recognizes only 64mb memory while I have

GoatBoy (goatboy@twotone.representation.net)
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 00:06:53 -0400 (EDT)

that isn't a kernel problem at all. As of the most recent stable kernel
2.0.35 you have to pass an append statement to lilo telling it how much
ram you have over the 64 it will autodetect... put the following line in
your /etc/lilo.conf
append="mem=400M"
that is obviously providing that you have 400mb.. then re-install lilo
by executing 'lilo' from the command prompt, restart your machine and you
should be set

_.
\ ` | | aaron pratt - goatboy
|___ !__,__\ aaronp@linworth.org