Re: Linux tcp/ip code has trouble with async network I/O notification,u

David S. Miller (davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com)
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 22:41:17 -0700

Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 15:07:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Kaz Kylheku <kaz@espresso.cafe.net>

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Wim Ten Have wrote:

> I think that there is a major ;-) problem around in the Linux TCP/IP
> code when using Async (SIGIO) controlled network code setups.

Async IO is an outdated paradigm anyway. Try using threads.

You can recommend whatever strategy to him you desire, point remains
that there is a bug in SIGIO in the kernel and we should fix it.

I am only mentioning this because you phrased your advice to sound
like he should use threads instead of expecting this bug to get fixed,
and that is wrong.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@dm.cobaltmicro.com