AW: Bug in 2.0.36pre7 / X11

Dominik Stadler (Dominik.Stadler@apertum.de)
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 20:37:58 +0200

Hm, I thought it was due to the recommended kernel-patch for the
"broadcast" audio-recording-tool pertaining to sound-dma-buffer-size,
but now as you mention it, I am having the same strange lockups under
X11 when running my 2.0.36.pre6 (yes pre6 not pre7) Kernel when
switching to the console. For some time it goes well, but suddenly the
screen goes blank, no response, no hard-disc activity. No log-entries.

Previous Kernel 2.0.35 didn't show up with this.

My config:
2.0.36-pre6 on pentium 75, 32 MB ram
standalone (no network, no internet)
mach 64 graphics
Suse 5.2 pretty changed
gcc 2.7.2.3, libc 5.4.46
ncr53c810 - patched to 3.0g and the
SB 64 AWE PNP with standard oss sound-driver plus lowlevel-awe and
isapnp
3 SCSI disks (2 of them have each a fat partition and share one other to
raid0),
3 SCSI cdroms (one of them a burner)
running KDE 1.0 as window manager
... pretty standard I think