Re: Masquerading - extending the timeout values

Juanjo Ciarlante (irriga@impsat1.com.ar)
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 16:39:04 -0300

On Fri, Sep 04, 1998 at 10:32:42AM -0400, Mark Lehrer wrote:

> Hello! Is it possible to have a masquerading Linux system keep a TCP
> connection alive for a longer period of time? I regularly telnet to
> my home system and if I don't do anything for more than a few minutes,
> it closes the connection... annoying!
>
> Is this a kernel setting, or ipfwadm, or do I need to dig into the
> kernel source (I've always wanted to do that!)
kernel's resource protection, controlled by ipfwadm in 2.0 kernels and
ipchains in 2.1 (currently NOOP in 2.1; a patch has been sent,
expect it will mainstream soon).
2.0: see ipfwadm(8), "-s tcp tcpfin udp".

Regards...

--
-- Juanjo       http://juanjox.home.ml.org/
                       You don't need an hologram to know...