Re: [LRP] Memory leak still in 2.9.3?? (fwd)

Paul Wouters (paul@xtdnet.nl)
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 00:16:37 +0200 (MET DST)

After a months long tracking, it seems a memory leak in 2.0 has been narrowed down by
Tadas.

Paul

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1998 03:06:39 +0300 (EEST)
From: Tadas Zelionis <tm@interneka.lt>
To: linux-router@linuxrouter.org
Subject: Re: [LRP] Memory leak still in 2.9.3??

I have eliminated memory leaking by removing aliased interfaces and
ip_alias.o from my routers. I dont know where the problem really is, but i
had the following situation:

lrp 1.9.0 system with 2.0.34-1 kernel up 70 days. ( ne, wavelan,
ip_alias & masq stuff, some masq rules)

lrp 1.9.0 with 2.0.35 is leaking memory ( ne, wavelan, ip_alias, aliased
interface with traffic going trough it, lots of firewalling rules )
lrp 2.9.2 with 2.0.34-2 leaked memory ( ne, serial, ppp, ip_alias, masq*,
aliased interfaces+traffic, firewalling & masq rules )

when i shut down aliased interfaces & removed ip_alias.o, i got back 5
megs of ram at that point...

all my lrp boxes now are up atleast 26 days.

--- _
Tadas Zelionis Interneka tinklo administratorius
tm@interneka.lt http://www.interneka.lt

---
Linux Router Project -- http://www.linuxrouter.org/
linux-router-request@linuxrouter.org   Body: un/subscribe