Re: Report: memleak in SB16 code fixed in 2.1.120 :)

Michael L. Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 06:44:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Arjan Filius wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just want to note the memleak i reported before (with repeating loading
> and unloading SB16 modules loosing 32K or 64K) is now (2.1.120) fixed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shouldn't be there a compiletime/config option to enable detecting
> memleaks anyway?

There is, in the form of the IKD (Integrated Kernel Debugging) patch.
It includes a memory leak detector (in the shop atm), kernel tracer,
profiler, debugger and more.

ftp://ftp.ocs.com.au/pub/patch-ikd-2.1.XXX.gz
ftp://e-mind.com/pub/linux/patch-ikd-arca/patch-ikd-arca-5-2.1.XXX.diff.gz

-Mike

> Arjan Filius
> mailto:iafilius@xs4all.nl
> Argh! All right, so how am I supposed to work with Linux when
> everything's already been done?! Can't these people leave some
> broken MSDOS like parts so there's problems left to solve!?....

The only reason Linus puts out new releases is to install bugs to keep
people from dying of boredom. It's actually been perfect for years. ;-)