Re: linux-2.1.120 and rvplay (real video 5.0.0.35)

rhalos (rhalos@xoommail.com)
Sun, 6 Sep 1998 17:35:43 -0700

Jeffrey Hundstad wrote:
> Has anyone else had problems with real video player quitting with a
> "general error".
>
> It seems to happen when there is the slightest load to cpu or disk.
> The video or audio source can exist on the network or locally and the
> problem continues.
>
> Everything works fine with linux-2.1.119.
>
> I'm using a compiled in audio drivers for a REAL SoundBlaster 16.
>
> -- Jeffrey Hundstad
<snip>

Yes, I've had the same problem. I'm using SB AWE 64 and get a general
error #1 when playing either video or audio. I can get about half a
second before it drops out. No further information. I thought it may
have been the player, but I'll do some testing on it..