Re: rvplayer and timidity

Stephen Landamore (stephenl@arcam.co.uk)
Tue, 08 Sep 1998 11:18:16 +0100

Alan Cox wrote:
>> /dev/dsp fails on CTRL-C being issued: the 'cat segfaults, an OOPS
>> occurs ... and I'm afraid I don't know how to debug an OOPS from a
>> module (kernel OOPSes are OK).
>
> Same as normal but load the modules with
>
> > symbols.dat
> insmod -m modulename >> symbols.dat (each mdoule)
>
> and then you can use those symbols

Aaah, so THAT'S how it's done :-)

I took the Code: dump from the oops, stuck it in a C-program and
disassembled with gdb (a la Documentation/oops-tracing) ... I then
compiled all the files as *.s (make driver/xyzzy/blurfl.s) and grepped
for the offending instructions. Hey, don't laugh, it worked!

regards,
stephen