Re: NFS lockd problems

Tue, 8 Sep 1998 21:19:15 +0100

I wrote:
> I notice code in fs/lockd/mon.c claims to be the kernel statd daemon,
> but I haven't a clue what would start it running.

Ahem, ignore me above. Reading the code I see the statd client code is
running fine. It's producing one of the error messages:

Sep 7 20:07:43 clpc20 kernel: nsm_mon_unmon: rpc failed, status=-13

I checked with rpcinfo -p, that rstatd at least _claims_ to be running
on the server. -13 is -EACCES by the way. I can't think how it comes
to be returned.

If there was any ethernet traffic when this request is put in, I'd
wonder if the fact that root would not be allowed to read the remote
file would have anything to do with this problem. But there's no
ethernet traffic.

-- Jamie