Re: appletalk patch

David Murn (scuffer@hups.apana.org.au)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 00:00:48 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

> Yes. You should not however also be doing
>
> > if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
> > - if [ "$CONFIG_ATALK" != "n" ]; then
>
> since you do need appletalk to use appletalk devices. So your diff
> appeared wrong

If you look down in the patch, you'll see what happens. I'll pull out the
relevant lines:

if [ "$CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL" = "y" ]; then
- if [ "$CONFIG_ATALK" != "n" ]; then
- tristate 'Apple/Farallon LocalTalk PC support' CONFIG_LTPC

then..

+ dep_tristate 'Apple/Farallon LocalTalk PC support' CONFIG_LTPC $CONFIG_ATALK

So we're just replacing the if/tristate with a dep_tristate. This has the
same outcome, except that we're only allowed to select module or no if
module has been answered to ATALK.

Davey