Re: BSD reminiscent resource starvation under Linux?

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Fri, 11 Sep 1998 11:29:21 -0700 (PDT)

I've you've got 150-200 concurrent requests then there are 200 or so tasks
running apache. There's a per-user limit of 256 tasks. Unfortunately
it's a compile time constant (bleh). Find NR_TASKS and increase it. You
can go as high as something around 4000... you may also want to change the
per-user limit... since it's foolish to save 2000 tasks for root.

Dean