Re: Implementing Meta File information in Linux

Feuer (feuer@his.com)
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 22:59:00 -0400

I'm sorry.  You're right.  It's been a little while since I read Stevens.  Checking
back I see that the file mode is indeed stored in the inode.  I think I somehow got
the wrong thing into my mind a while back and it didn't get corrected.  So put the
ACLs in the inode-linked metadata (or the ext2 ACLs, for old fogeys still using
ext2 ;-) ).