Re: non-IDE CD-ROM (sbpcd, cm206, cdu31) lock ups

Erik Andersen (andersen@inconnect.com)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 08:53:19 -0600 (MDT)

[-------------snip-----------]

> Anyway, shout if there is a problem :-).
>
> Mike

Thanks for the help here! I am afraid I looked at these cli() calls
for a couple of days. I knew there was a problem but I didn't know what
to do about it. Does the Linux Device drivers book discuss the spin_lock
stuff, and when to use that instead of cli()? If it does, I missed it
entirely. For the ignorant amoung us (i.e. me), could you explain why this
patch is the Right Thing(tm). Enquiring minds want to know. Thanks a
million for your help. I had about given up... Linus, please do apply this.

-Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org