Re: Small patch for drivers/block/ide-probe.c

Andre M. Hedrick (hedrick@astro.dyer.vanderbilt.edu)
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 09:28:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 13 Sep 1998, Bill Hawes wrote:

> Andre M. Hedrick wrote:
>
> > This has been in a bigger patch of mine for a long time that I have been
> > working to get in the kernel before 2.2.0
> >
> > http://www.dyer.vanderbilt.edu/server/udma
>
> Andre,
>
> It's often better to split a big patch up into smaller related pieces,
> especially if part of the patch is an important bug fix and other parts
> are of less certain merit.
>
> This makes it a lot easier for Linus to verify the correctness of the
> changes, and means that the bug fixes will get out sooner.

Okay, I ahave been carrying about 5 major/minor IDE fixes in this 140K
patch. I will break them out, but I need parts of this patch to be added
with the 5 fixes, so I can boot, too.

Cheers,
Andre