Re: Implementing Meta File information in Linux (oracle no justification)

Hans Reiser (reiser@idiom.com)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 03:08:32 -0700

You misunderstand me. I am not saying use raw disk. I am saying use the filesystem,
not a layer above the filesystem. I am saying use directories and demand of the filesystem
that they be space efficient for small files, scalable to large directory sizes,
and that the filesystem support lightweight
files which can inherit attributes from a parent so that there isn't high overhead when using files
for small things like names and addresses.

Hans